Monday, November 4, 2013

Huck Finn


The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
I don't always love Twain (I think this is just because I read Puddin'Head Wilson and The Prince and the Pauper too close together and they had the exact same plotline.) However, Huck Finn has a really fun to read POV, and the character is great. So, although I just started reading this, I am enjoying it so far. Although I have no idea how I managed to not read this book until my senior year of high school.

I really enjoyed the beginning of the story and I fell in love with Huck's character from the beginning.

But I can't say I liked the ending. It seems like things just went downhill once Tom came back into the picture, and I felt like Twain was just rambling on with Jim's escape. I mean, it was funny, but it just went on way too long.

So good book, and if you haven't read this then you need to, but I can't say I liked the ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment