Sunday, December 15, 2013

Ender's Game

Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Several people have told me I need to read Ender's Game, and then I realized there is a movie coming out and decided that I absolutely had to finish the book before the movie. So I devoured the book in three days, only to realize that the December 6th premier only applied to Mexico City, not Oaxaca.

So turns out I have to wait until after Christmas to watch the movie, which is so awful because I absolutely loved the book and can't wait to see the movie!

There was some language and a lot of violence, but it was just great action that kept me reading, and doing the whole "just one more page" thing for hours every night while I was supposed to be sleeping. Plus, the twists at the end... I knew some of what was happening because of hearing conversation from friends that had already read the book, but even knowing that there would be a twist, I was still surprised enough to enjoy it immensely.

So yeah, recommended. For sure. Go, read it. Right now. Before you watch the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment